Platform & Issues
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a devastating impact on our great state. Moving forward Kelly feels that it is not only important to work towards paving a pathway out of the pandemic recession, but also to define a vision for the future.
- Kelly will leverage her robust background in government service, human capital management, and workforce development to address worker shortages across the state by working directly with stakeholders in all sectors to:
- Advocate for universal licensing recognition and reciprocity, where feasible.
- Encourage and incentivize student enrollment in skill and trade programs.
- Incorporate programs that put Delaware graduates to work right away, and incentivize Delaware graduates to explore in state versus out-of-state career opportunities.
2. Kelly will leverage her experience as a business owner and social entrepreneur to stimulate and preserve the free market by encouraging entrepreneurship, the creation and sustainment of small businesses, and promoting market competitiveness to benefit all Delawareans.
3. Kelly will leverage the experience she has gained as the founder of a minority and woman owned small business enterprise to increase financial resources for businesses disproportionally impacted during the pandemic.
4. As a mother and concerned parent, Kelly plans to collaborate directly with school districts, school boards, educators, and parents to ensure all stakeholders have the resources they need to mitigate learning loss and address mental health concerns to ensure the future success of all Delawarean children.
5. As the sibling of an Autistic adult enrolled in various support programs, Kelly wants to improve our emergency preparedness, response, and recovery for people with disabilities.
6. Kelly believes that we should refrain from raising income taxes during the pandemic and for a minimum of two years following the pandemic, because every dollar matters to Delawarean families during this critical recovery period.